As the calendar turned over to November and daylight savings time ended, my thoughts quickly turned to the holidays. They are just around the corner … the mad rush is about to begin!
I remember one year when our spunky puppy managed to sneak into the garbage can after our Thanksgiving dinner and almost choked on a turkey bone. Another year our neighbor’s dog was happily munching on a poinsettia plant and became violently ill and had to be rushed to a 24 hour vet.
It made me realize that often in the rush of the holidays, with unfamiliar people over at the house, that dog safety can fly out the window. Here’s some tips to keep you and your pooch safe, so you can enjoy the holidays versus spending them in an emergency room!